A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Osy Osmosis is a fun game for all ages where you must help Osy stay safe as she navigates through her world collecting stars. To help Osy you will use osmosis to keep her in balance with the world around her. Add and remove Osy's bits (solute) to control the flow of water into and out of Osy. Be careful though, add too much water to Osy and she swells up and pops, too little water and she shrivels up.
Osy is the first game to show the key elements of osmosis as you play, namely bound and free water molecules. The textbooks get osmosis wrong - Osy gets it right!
- 17 levels that introduce exciting new elements and obstacles:
- Bit vents add more solute to the environment around Osy - add bits to match the concentration!
- Oxygen vents give Osy a speed boost
- Round crystals are hard to move, if only Osy were a little bigger...
- Sharp crystals can pop Osy, be careful around them!
- Pure water has no solute in it, and thus a higher concentration of free water that will continuously diffuse into Osy! Better not hang out in there for very long if you can help it.
Osy was developed by a group of researchers, educators, and developers at the University of Georgia (UGA), with support from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Science Education Partnership Award (SEPA), The Georgia Research Alliance VentureLab, and UGA. Cogent Education was formed by members of this group to design and develop future education simulations and games. All profits from Osy will go towards the creation of other educational games and interactive software.
|Windows, macOS, Linux
|Mar 20, 2017
|Controller, Cute, Exploration, tablet, Top-Down, Touch-Friendly, underwater
|A few minutes
|Keyboard, Mouse, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Touchscreen, Accelerometer, Smartphone
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files: